After being frustrated with an electric hedge clipper for a few years (and cutting the cord at least once) because it is under powered and stalled on so many twigs we decided to invest in a gas powered model. I did some resea

rch and then we purchased an Echo (this is sounding like a Consumer Report again :-) for its reliability and power. When I attempted to assemble the clipper it mentioned installing the blade straightener but after looking at the component I thought since it was very thin like sheet metal it would do very little to actually straighten the blades which were made of much thicker material - so I left it in the box. Once the gas was mixed and loaded I fired up the new tool and began to trim all the little bushes that occupy our front yard and it worked like

a dream. Gas trimmers are heavier then electric so quickly my arms began to get tired from the extra weight. I ended up swinging the blad

es to my left and as I did so I cut my pants in the middle of my left thigh, and what was underneath was cut cleanly as well and even though it is snug fitting my skin was not even pinched let alone cut which I find very interesting. After studying the blade straightener more closely I determined that it should have been called the leg protector as it protrudes about a 1/2 inch farther out then the actual blades. I now have installed the leg protector and have used the tool several more times without cutting any clothes or body parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment