ky? FIELD and STREAM??. So I call and the young lady on the phone tells me that a company named Polsteins Home and Beyond paid for a years subscription for me. I must have asked her what I should do with the magazine and she told me that I should read it. "okay right" I said thinking that is not likely. Polsteins is another whole story but the short version is I bought something on Amazon I tried to return it and Polsteins said no since they would have to pay the shipping and it was over $100. I contacted the Amazon cops and in within days Polsteins was suddenly really nice and would do anything I wanted (I highly recommend Amazon)...so they bought me a subscription to Field and Stream. FIELD AND STREAM? I wonder if they were actually punishing me? Of all the magazines they could give me I wonder why Field and Stream. I do not own a gun. I do not own a fishing rod. I do not own a bowie knife. I do not own a ATV, a bass boat or a 4WD. I do not own hip-waders although I have always thought they were really cool. So let me know if you want to read my subscription because there is only 8 months left of exciting issues on articles such as " The Truth About Scents", "Favorite Firearms", Get More Birds Guaranteed" and my personal favorite " Float, Fish, Camp: Your Perfect Weekend".
Friday, October 03, 2008
Field and Stream?
We get a lot of junk mail like everyone else in this country and so when I bring in the mail much of it never comes in the door. We received the June '08 Field and Stream that I dropped in the garbage in June on the way in with the mail. When a second copy came in July I noticed it had my name on it and I was alarmed supposing that someone used my credit card to order me a subscription to Field and Stream. FIELD and STREAM??. I set it aside with the intent to get to the bottom of this mystery but the weeks turned into a month and soon I was bringing in the August '08 copy - oh and I did check my credit card statements but no Field and Stream line was to be found so a crisis was averted and the mystery was now a low priority. Next I needed to contact Field and Stream to determine why I was the special guy who had a year's subscription without paying for it and I was sure there had to be a catch. First I am GOTD and now a free subscription to Field and Stream - could a person get anymore luc
ky? FIELD and STREAM??. So I call and the young lady on the phone tells me that a company named Polsteins Home and Beyond paid for a years subscription for me. I must have asked her what I should do with the magazine and she told me that I should read it. "okay right" I said thinking that is not likely. Polsteins is another whole story but the short version is I bought something on Amazon I tried to return it and Polsteins said no since they would have to pay the shipping and it was over $100. I contacted the Amazon cops and in within days Polsteins was suddenly really nice and would do anything I wanted (I highly recommend Amazon)...so they bought me a subscription to Field and Stream. FIELD AND STREAM? I wonder if they were actually punishing me? Of all the magazines they could give me I wonder why Field and Stream. I do not own a gun. I do not own a fishing rod. I do not own a bowie knife. I do not own a ATV, a bass boat or a 4WD. I do not own hip-waders although I have always thought they were really cool. So let me know if you want to read my subscription because there is only 8 months left of exciting issues on articles such as " The Truth About Scents", "Favorite Firearms", Get More Birds Guaranteed" and my personal favorite " Float, Fish, Camp: Your Perfect Weekend".
ky? FIELD and STREAM??. So I call and the young lady on the phone tells me that a company named Polsteins Home and Beyond paid for a years subscription for me. I must have asked her what I should do with the magazine and she told me that I should read it. "okay right" I said thinking that is not likely. Polsteins is another whole story but the short version is I bought something on Amazon I tried to return it and Polsteins said no since they would have to pay the shipping and it was over $100. I contacted the Amazon cops and in within days Polsteins was suddenly really nice and would do anything I wanted (I highly recommend Amazon)...so they bought me a subscription to Field and Stream. FIELD AND STREAM? I wonder if they were actually punishing me? Of all the magazines they could give me I wonder why Field and Stream. I do not own a gun. I do not own a fishing rod. I do not own a bowie knife. I do not own a ATV, a bass boat or a 4WD. I do not own hip-waders although I have always thought they were really cool. So let me know if you want to read my subscription because there is only 8 months left of exciting issues on articles such as " The Truth About Scents", "Favorite Firearms", Get More Birds Guaranteed" and my personal favorite " Float, Fish, Camp: Your Perfect Weekend".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Perry would gladly take it off your hands- he's still a little sad we moved here where he has no idea where to hunt or the strategy involved in hunting in the South. I'm getting Glamour (after another magazine I ordered folded), so if you want to trade ; )
HAHAHA. Konrad is SOOO happy right now. He always feels like he is odd man out because he doesnt want anything to do with guns, knives, fishing rods and especially camping equipment.
I just found you! Sara texted me to tell me she was getting married! I can't believe it. It's so good to hear your voice while reading your blog. We have really missed you guys. I can't believe you are empty nesters and planning Sara's wedding. Where does the time go. Well I will be in touch via blog land now. Yea! So glad to be reconnected.
love you guys!
Post a Comment