Friday, January 21, 2011
Goodnight Peter!
I checked into a Embassy Suites hotel in Cleveland and I was given a room on the 14th floor and it was as far away from the elevator as anyone could go. It was very late when I arrived and thus I groped around in the dark feeling for a light switch. I finally found it and then I could find my way around the suite. About a minute later the phone rang and I picked it up and answered “Hello, Mark Salmon”. The person on the other end of the phone said “Hello Mr. Salmon this is Peter at the fr
ont desk, welcome to Embassy suites, how are you doing?. “Just fine, thanks!" I said thinking they are very professional and what a lot of work to call every guest to welcome them to the hotel. “Mr. Salmon are you SURE you are okay?” Peter continued. “Yes I am feeling pretty good -thanks” now I am beginning to think this is kind of weird. Peter then asked “Can you get up Mr. Salmon?”.“I am standing right now” I said and I am now thinking this is a bothersome service they could do without. Peter continued “Mr. Salmon are you able to turn off the alarm?.” "What alarm?" I say with an annoyed tone. “The alarm that is ringing at th
e front desk - that is coming from your room” Peter explains. “My room?” I blurt out.“Yes you are in a handicapped room and there is an alarm that has been set that is coming from your room” Peter clarifies for me. I said “Oh –okay let me find it and shut it off - do you want to wait?" "Yes" said Peter firmly. On the wall right beside the light switch was a second switch with a long string that hangs close to the floor. I pushed up the little switch and went back to the phone and said “ is that it Peter?” “That is it Mr. Salmon – goodnight Mr. Salmon” “Goodn
ight Peter” I mumble as I hang up the phone. I wonder why is there a handicap room as far as possible from the elevator and on the 14th floor. I wonder why the the toilets are so high that my feet do not touch the floor when seated upon the “throne” which I suspect is wheelchair friendly thing. Also there is always phone near the floor in the bathroom but I suppose now if I fall I can call Peter to come and help me or just call him to say "Goodnight Peter"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAHAHHAHA. I just love that story Mark. Good blog post. Love you.
Mark....you have such FABULOUS stories! I wish you were in Choir...I need some cool hotel stories for our "Today on Tour" video show. Maybe I'll pretend this happened on one of our tours!! Love ya tons bro.
Hope you have another adventure to post about soon.
I love reading your blog entries, I laugh out loud every time...Hope you and Loraine are doing well!
Post a Comment