Loraine wanted me to take some pictures of the day lilies in our yard as this summer they are lasting more than a day (usual

ly they last about 10 days). Well first I need to say we have become quite accustomed to Georgia with all the plant life, the claustrophobias of being surrounded by trees everywhere you go and the extreme green pollen dump every few years does not freak us out anymore. I always thought I enjoyed gardening but that was when we lived in Calgary where hardly anything grows plus there are about 90 days between the last day of spring frost and the next frost cycle. In Georgia everything grows so well the maintenance on a yard cannot be done adequately on one day a week. Most people have a mow & blow service (we have Nathan)

and there are many additional services for trees, pruning and lawn weeding. Every seven years there is a drought cycle and this year happens to be it, so it feels a lot more like the West - much drier no muggy mornings from the rain at night, summer this year has been very pleasant even when we reach the 90's. The drought is bad and thus even-numbered addresses are permitted to use water for outdoor purposes only on Saturday from midnight to 10 a.m.
3 comments:
Nice flowers!
I go out in the garage at 10:30 every night and press the sprinkler cycle. I am always fighting to keep the lawn from burning up. We definitely are going to think about these yard issues when we landscape the new house. Slopes NEVER work in Utah. Your yard looks beautiful.
WOW, another post? so soon? you all are one a rolllllll. see you in a few weeks. love you.
I loves the flowers! They are so pretty. Good to see you are posting again!!
SS
Post a Comment