Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Dishwasher is taking a break

Almost a month ago our dishwasher started leaving a lot of water in the bottom at the end of each cycle. After a few days it was apparent that there was something wrong so we called to get some service. It took the company a week before they came and then they were only here a few minutes - they claimed a large amount of rice was the problem but they also reset the electronics at the same time. The way I see dishwasher usage is that there are two types of users; those who just place the dishes in without any pre-wash or rinsing and those who practically pre-wash everything and use the dishwasher as a sterilizer for the dishes. We lean heavily to the latter so the rice claim was not convincing and I had already cleaned the filters. We had been steadily increasing our usage of paper and plastic goods to lighten the hand washing experience and so with the dishwasher repaired that trend could now stop. But no such luck the problem came back again after 10 days and this time it was worse so of course I called the same company to come back and make the repairs they forgot to do the first time. I called them Wednesday...I called them Thursday...I called them Friday and they still have not called to schedule another appointment. So officially the dishes, bowls, glasses and utensils we use are all disposable and today we had several family members and close friends over for a large dinner. We needed to make some signage to remind everyone that if they use anything other the designated "picnic-ware" they have joined the dish-duty team and the signage worked very well. We even ate Kenny's Key Lime pie [see December 2007 post] with plastic forks on plastic plates - sorry Kenny I am sure that is an insult but finding people that know how to repair appliances seems to be a real challenge.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm sure Kenny is ashamed of you. What a disgrace to eat the best key lime pie on such a cheap piece of plastic.
P.S. NEXT TIME WE GET THE LEMON KIND.