Saturday, July 31, 2010

Utterold - What is Utterold?

A few weeks ago I was at a cafeteria in Birmingham Alabama (the deep south) and I ordered an egg and bacon sandwich for breakfast on toasted bread. Just before she handed it to me the lady asked me what sounded like "utterold?" I looked at her with a frustrated look and she said again "utterold?"I just looked at her not comprehending at all what she was saying "utterold?" The fourth time the volume was up now to "UTTEROLD?". I was holding up the line and so I finally had to say " I cannot understand what you are saying!". She looked at me with anger in her eyes, gritting her teeth and said loudly " CUT OR WHOLE?". To that I smiled and said ‘ Whole would be fine!’ and she handed me my sandwich.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Glad to welcome you back to the blogging world. Keep up the good work.

Lindy Salmon said...

There have been SO many times I have had to ask repeatedly (to the point of embarrassment)what someone is saying because I cannot even come close to pretending to understand! It's a new language down here sometimes :)

Diane said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I love you Mark.

Stacey Salmon said...

so you're on the 1 post per year plan

byufish said...

LOLFOFLOL!! I'm sure when you heard her say "utterold" you thought..."I gotta find out what this means cuz this will be a great segway into blogging again!" Thanks for sharing...LOVE that you stuck with it!!

Robert & Amber Salmon said...

That's awesome!