After filling the font I could not locate the keys I had earlier in the day to the curtain so people could actually see into the font. Of course I knew that would be a big problem so I became more agitated as the time ticked away and then I attempted to open the curtain from the inside stretching over the water-filled font in an effort to reach the latch. I heard a soft plop and watched my cell phone that was less then a month old sink quickly and lay on the tile step in about 2 feet of water. The water probably broke the fall to the tile that might have taken its life prematurely but then again I would not be doing the Ninja Warrior stretch if the water was not there. I reached down and pulled it out in a few seconds getting quite wet and qu
ickly took out the battery. I did eventually locate a second key but 5 minutes after the meeting was supposed to start. (mine had fallen out of my pocket and was on the seat of my car when I left the meeting)Being that the cell phone was only a month old I had a lot of hope that I might be able to keep it alive. I know that Sara had a phone that was less then a month old which drowned - never to work again - when she went for a short swim in Las Vegas. That was a Motorola phone with a submersion indicator that is designed to go red once immersed in water to remind you that are having a really bad day and you should have bought a Nokia. After perusing the Internet for ideas I concluded that my new phone would be spending some time alone in the oven. After removing the sim card I baked it for 2 hours at 120° F and let it cool for another 2 hours. I made a few calls that night and it has worked fine since which has been 3 weeks so it has had no health issues after taking a dive in the water and a 2 hour sauna session.
2 comments:
If you put your phone in a bag of rice (without the battery on it)overnight, the rice soaks up the water. I've never tried this but I've heard it works.
Okay, let's just say I have a GENIUS brother!! I would never have thought to bake it for 2 hours...but now I know...if ever I am leaning over a full font trying to open the curtain from the inside! Looking forward to seeing you in six weeks!
Post a Comment