Sunday, March 30, 2008
What is KC known for?
I spent much of last week in Kansas City and other then passing through via automobile I had never spent any time there. I find it fascinating how most people in the mi
d-west really love the places where they live plus they are extremely proud of the local customs, culture, amenities and the food. They are always claiming to be the biggest, the best, the tallest, the oldest or something else that gives them a moment of fame. Often their claims cannot be substantiated since they are the ones making the claim and not someone with a vast knowledge of their competition. KC is one of several cities that claims to have exceptional BBQ in fact they call themselves "The BBQ Capital of the World" which is quite a bold statement. So I had to try some BBQ while there but when I asked what was the best everyone has a different opinion or more like the best pork is one place, the best sauce is another, the best fries are still another and the best slaw is at a fourth location. So I went with the one that was closest to the hotel - Jack Stack Barbecue. I was still full from the lunch BBQ so I figured I would just get a small portion but that was not an option. I got the Burnt Ends meal and it was best that I had all week. It was very good ..so good in fact that I enjoyed the whole thing. When Delta canceled all their MD-88 flights on Thursday and I was compelled to stay another day I decided I would try something other then bbq as I was almost BBQ'd out. But I will be back to Jack's even if it is ordered online :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOVING THE CONSUMER REPORTS STYLE BLOGGING AGAIN. Maybe give me a report on the BASEMENT.
Uncle Mark, you should be a columnist, I love reading your blog.
Erin
Post a Comment